What Are The Top 5 Roofing Materials
5 Most Popular Roofing Materials
If you're looking for a new roof, you're probably wondering: What are the top 5 roofing materials available in the market? There are many different types of materials, and choosing the right one for your home will depend on several factors, including your budget, climate, and house style. With today's innovations and technologies, it's possible to get the look you want for a reasonable price. Be sure to contact a roofer to help you decide on what type of material will fit on your property. Here are the top 5 choices for your roof.
- Slate. Slate is a type of material that is commonly used in older homes. It protects the home against heat and is durable, making it the second most expensive material which can last up to 100 years. But it is also heavy and can suffer from discoloration if it isn't properly maintained. You must know that slate is not impervious to external elements.
It will still crack and require periodic cleaning, and it is a more expensive option than compared to other types. Its beauty makes it an attractive option for homeowners in warm climates. Slate is a great option if you're looking to add value to your home.
2. Asphalt. It is a natural material, and it's cheaper to install than the other types. It is one of the oldest types of roofing and can last up to 50 years. It is also fire-resistant and highly resistant to high winds. Consider as the cheapest choice, especially when compared to other types. Clay and metal are the two most expensive options, but they are the most durable and will last the longest. If you're looking for a Mediterranean-style home, you should choose a metal roof. These materials are lightweight, durable, and can withstand wind, but they're not the best choice for all homes. Composite asphalt shingles are the most popular of these, but they can be pricey.
3. Metal. This material is known to last between 40 to 80 years, making it one of the best materials for long-term investment. Metals are good insulators and require little maintenance.
4. Clay. A material perfect for hot and drier climates commonly found in Mexico and Mediterranean. Clay tile is durable making them the highest life expectancy up to 100+ years. It is much heavier than asphalt, wood, and metal.
5. Wood. Is another common roofing material as asphalt. Most homeowners use wood to increase the property value of their homes. Wood shingles can last up to 30 years, however, they are susceptible to moss and plant growth which may lead to more cleaning and maintenance.
Roofing Materials In Boise
There are many different types of roofing materials available, Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material. They're also the most popular, but they are also affordable options in Boise. In addition to asphalt shingles, there are a variety of other shingles that are available. CertainTeed shingles are the most energy-efficient and are the most popular among homeowners. If you're looking for a shingle roof, you can choose between several types. Whether asphalt or metal is the type of materials you're going to pick, it determined how much is the cost of roofing . Nevertheless, you should check the warranties of the different types of roofing materials. If you're not satisfied with your roof, you can consider installing a new one.
Original post here: What Are The Top 5 Roofing Materials